Issue on updating index_pattern using api

Hello,

i'm having a big issue in updating index_pattern using api. My index_patterns have the following property:

"index": {
"blocks": {
"read_only_allow_delete": "true"
}
}

In this way, by kibana console, i don't see the related metrics:

So, in order to solve this, i used this curl command:

curl -X PUT "http://localhost:9200/*/_settings" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'{
"index": {
"blocks": {
"read_only_allow_delete": "false"
}
}
}'

This command worked but what's happening now is that, after a few times, this property comes back to its original value ("true"), bringing back my initial issue.

Could somebody help me in understanding what's happening and how can i solve this?

An another important aspect is that my index-patterns were imported on kibana using api (i have much of them exported by another environment and it's not thinkable creating all of them manually).

Thanks in advance to everybody who will help me
KR
Simone

Sorry for the long wait in getting back to you on this!

The read-only property could be appearing because of Elasticsearch's storage space circuit breaker. Can you check your Elasticsearch logs and see if you've been getting any warnings about storage space? If that's happening, then increasing the storage capacity of your node may fix the issue.

Let me know if that works. If not we can dig deeper.

Hello @Zacqary, i was sure to have answered, sorry

Anyway it was as you said, after cleaning the fs ES came back to work as expected

Regards
Simone

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.