Issue unzipping Kibana 7.10 installation file (kibana-7.10.0-windows-x86_64.zip)

Hi, I get an error message when unzipping kibana-7.10.0-windows-x86_64.zip. Towards the end of the extraction process I get the error message

Skipping file: unable to create a sensible filename out of "C:\Users\...\add_documents_accordion.scss"

I have already tried to unzip it in a short folder name, i.e. c:\Temp, but to no success. It seems the temporary files are still extracted to a long Windows path in Application Data.
Can anyone advise please!

Regards,
Eugene

Looks like that path is right up against the 200 character limit we impose on the build.

x-pack/plugins/ingest_pipelines/public/application/components/pipeline_processors_editor/components/test_pipeline/test_pipeline_tabs/tab_documents/add_documents_accordion/add_documents_accordion.scss

Since Windows has a 260 character limit which can be disabled in Windows 10 (details). The archive includes the archive name kibana-7.10.0-windows-x86_64. This brings us to 229. With c:\Temp that puts us at 237, so we should technically be well under the 260 limit.

i would recommend trying 7zip to extract the active if you haven't already. The unzip will also be substantially faster using that as well.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.