Issue when switch trial license to basic license on Azure self-manage

Hi, I build my elasticsearch cluster by Azure - self-manage.
And when I want to switch my ES license to basic, I follow below step and went some cluster error issue

1. Switch license on kibana license management page
  2. Check Es cluster status (Everything works fine now)
  3. But when I redeploy my Es cluster, the kibana can't connect to ES cluster
    {"message":"Unable to retrieve version information from Elasticsearch nodes."}
  4. I tried to redeploy ES by setting Xpack plugin to No, it's seems I succes cancel trial license, but still some error message.
  5. I found log say: Transport SSL must be enabled if security is enabled on a [basic] license, so I tried to hand up certificate on transport.ssl
  6. Azure can't success hand up certificate and deploy failed.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any suggestions?
Thanks for all your assistant!

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Can you elaborate more on what you are doing here?

Hi @warkolm,
Thanks for your reply!
In this step, I just use Azure Elasticsearch self-manage UI to redeploy.
same certificate, password, and other setting like before.
ersion:

And I saw document said that user like elastic, kibana, logstash_system, beats_system, apm_system, remote_monitoring_user is default built-in.
When I redploy, I still give the six account same password. I'm not sure if switching to the basic license would have any effect on this.

This issue in my scenario is happened when one of node crashed in my Azure self-managed ES cluster. I have already switch my license to basic on kibana license management before this time.(Everything work before I restart cluster)
And when I restart(or redeploy) the cluster directly by ARM template, Kibana can no longer connect to es cluster.

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2022-06-02T09:45:55+00:00","tags":["error","savedobjects-service"],"pid":3686,"message":"Unable to retrieve version information from Elasticsearch nodes."}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.