Issue with TSVB - no data to display

Hello, i'm new to ElasticStack and this forum as well and i decided to ask here for help with this strange issue i'm getting while using the visual builder. I'm using Kibana 7.4.1, when i try to sort by ascending/descending order the data of a visualization i get this message: ''No data to display for the selected metrics'' but if i try the same operation (in the visualization editing panel, in the tab "table") while editing it, i get the sorting without any problems. So, why i'm getting this message? how to fix it?

initial state:

status iniziale

after clicking the sort option:

dopo sort

1 Like

Does it remain empty even after you've reset the sort to the default? In other words, once you've touched the sort once, it remains broken? If so that may be a bug. If not, you may need to enable the "Drop last bucket" option in the Panel options tab:

This is often a culprit of seemingly missing data because the last bucket sometimes has no data.

1 Like

i had that settings disabled, so i enabled it but still i'm getting the same error

Does it remain empty even after you've reset the sort to the default? In other words, once you've touched the sort once, it remains broken?

Yes, it remains broken. The only way to fix it and get the visualization back to its initial state is refresh the browser page.

Hi @Bargs , I've tried to replicate the problem using other kibana's versions on other machines and i've got the same problem with tsvb. Do you have any solution? I didn't find any on this forum..

@vmitri would you mind filing a bug report on our Github repo? The fact that you can only fix it by refreshing the page makes me think this is a bug we'll need to fix and no fault of your own.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.