Issues with JMeter and Elasticsearch+Kibana

Hello there guys,
I began to work with elastic stack since last week and I encountered a lot of problems but that's probably because I'm a newbie with those kind of tools.
I need to configure ElasticSearch and Kibana to collect and visualize datas from JMeter explorations.
I'm using a modified version of JMeter's backend listener to send data straight to ElasticSearch
I can set a name for the newly created index, address of the machine where elasticsearch is running, timestamp format.
I can link and visualize all sent datas to Kibana without any problem but I'm facing a major issue:
I'm just not able to make ElasticSearch recognise the Timestamp field as a Date.
JMeter sends this field as an epoch, long type, and elasticsearch does not recognise a date, type of timestamp field results as Long.

I obviously need that timestamp datas as I'm looking to use them to evaluate my app 's performances, i tried to use a scripted field to recreate the timestamp as date but, being calculated after indexing, visualizations cannot use it as main time filter.

My questions

1. Is there a way to make ElasticSearch "see" the timestamp field as Date type and not Long type?
  2. Is there a way to make all the data I send from JMeter "filtered" through some kind of template which may help me keep my recordings organized??

I read all i could from documentation, tutorials and so..but all solution i found refers to previous versions of ES where timestamp was automatically set for every document at the moment of indexing.
I know ES is able to recognise a Date from an epoch format but i really don't know how to proceed.

Remember that you're talking to someone who didn't know ElasticStack last week so..try to be more explanatory as possible..

Thank you very much!!!

Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.