Jira Connector

Hi Team,

We’ve successfully indexed our JIRA server, but the self-managed connector is also indexing attachment names as documents/items. I tried using the "Sync Rule" and "Advanced Rules" with Type != Attachment or IssueType != Attachment, but without success. The only thing that partially worked was NOT issueFunction in hasAttachments(), but this excluded bugs or stories that have attachments, which I want to keep.

Any suggestions on how to index issues like bugs or stories without indexing attachments as separate items?

Hi @Noam_Huri ,

Sync Rules are probably the easiest way to do this, but a few "gotchas" to be aware of:

• casing is going to matter here
  • sync rules only apply the first rule that they match. So order the rules right, and make sure you have an exclude rule that matches attachments before any rule that would include those documents.

I just tested this locally, and this rule successfully filtered out my jira attachments:

Hi Sean, thank you very much!

I believe you are right because I started by filtering a specific Project. I’ll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks

Noam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.