JSON Array treatment in a visualization

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any way to display the contents of a JSON Array that is received in the Elastic logs in a Kibana visualization.

My application is sending JSON logs to Kibana. One of the log fields is a details array that is composed of a group of entities and their respective messages.

{
  "details": [
    {
      "entityId": "1",
      "message": "Product."
    },
    {
      "entityId": "2",
      "message": "Document."
    },
    {
      "entityId": "3",
      "message": "Document."
    }
  ]
}

I would like to use the Table visualization to insert something like this into my company's dashboard.

However, I can't seem to get around to it. I can't find a way to do this because of how Kibana aggregates information. Is there any way where I can easily do this?

Thank you

Indeed Kibana is more suited to work with aggregated data than with individual documents, and support for nested fields (which I understand you are using) is pretty limited in the product.

Check this long-standing issue for more details but in any case the rendering of individual documents is done with Discover and it can only render the JSON representation of your nested field.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.