Keep other visualizations unchanged in a Kibana dashboard

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask if it is possible to keep some visualizations unchanged or keep the values as it is in a dashboard (with few visualizations) after clicking on a pie chart?

I have created a dashboard with 6 visualizations (2 pie charts, 2 controls, a scatter plot and a data table). When i click on a section of a pie chart, the clicked section of a pie chart gets enlarged and other visualizations display "No results found" message.

I would want other 5 visualizations to remain unchanged. Is there any way to achieve this feature?

Best Regards,
Nirajan

Do the visualizations use different index patterns or all they all the same?

Hello Lukas,

Thank you for the reply.

I have created three indexes (s164_dfig_47_040101, s164_dfig_47_040102, s164_dfig_47_040103) with the same properties and mappings. Then i used a single dashboard to load all the data from three indexes with an index pattern (s164_dfig_47_04010*) using a wildcard.

Then i used a filter to load data for each index and created separate dashboard for each index.
like:
"script": {
"script": {
"lang": "painless",
"source": "doc['_index'].value.startsWith('s164_dfig_47_040101')"
}
}

so when i click on any pie chart present in these newly created dashboards then i get "no reseults found" message for other visualizations present in a dashboard.

waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,
Nirajan

Have you tried enabling the courier:ignoreFilterIfFieldNotInIndex advanced setting to see if that fixes your issue? If that doesn't, I'm afraid there isn't really any other workaround at the moment.

Hello Lukas,

I tried it but it did not work. I have visualizations for a same index in each dashboard although i populated all the data from multiple indexes into a single dashboard at the beginning and later on used filters to filter out data for each index in a separate dashboard.

I think the issue is having visualizations for a same index.

Best Regards,
Nirajan

In case you are using the visual builder to create your viz then there is an option to ignore the global filters. This option is available under "Panel Options"

Hello Srikanta,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately i could not find this feature in other visualizations. I think this feature is only available in visual bilder.

Any other solutions? :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Nirajan

Apart from what Lukas mentioned above, I'm not aware of any.

Hello Srikanta,

Anyway thank you very much for your concern and help.

Best Regards,
Nirajan

Looks like v7.2 has introduced such a feature where a dashboard can include viz from different indexes. And the filters can be individually set to each of the viz, yet to included in the same dashboard.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.