Kibana 4 dashboards access control with Shield

Anyone tried do to this with apache?

Hello matt,
What is the status of the changes you been working?
I am in same boat where I want to put some dashboards as sys dashboard and do not allow users to delete or change the dashboard. Further I also want to restrict the dashboards which are listed on click of open icon. You are correct we can achieve this using nginx + lua.
If you still in process of development then you can share the endpoints and json with me. I have good understanding of nginx + lua. You can take a look at my old github repo where i have a Single Sign on Code entirely on Lua inside nginx.

Infact i plan to integrate this further in ES and Kibana and intercept just the calls at nginx live restrict the access. I need assistance in json request and response. I have a php front end where i integrate the kibana in iframe and i intended to extend the same and manage roles inside mysql database using php (or any other tool).

As you can see from the code in my SSO module that I can recraft the whole json inside the lua.

I m yet to start with the kibana work. If you are ready to collaborate we can start working on a module togather on github for fine grained access control of both ES and Kibana.

regards

Hi, if anybody is still interested in showing "almost read-only" dashboards I found a workaround using the iframe share option. I set up an apache server and on the index.html I used the following code to embed the dashboard iframe and when you go to the Apache site you can only see the iframe (you cannot enter any queries though since the query bar is not on the iframe). You can alter the graphics by clicking on them but that's all you can do. Of course you need to log in with a valid Kibana user:

http://pastebin.com/apY2KJ7s

Hope it helps.

Federico

Hi there,

We're using Elastic and Kibana in the Cloud environment.

We have a Dashboards for each client. Is there any way to restrict access to a client user to a specific Dashboard with Search and Time period without Discover, Visualizations and so on features?

I searched in this topic and forums in general and couldn't found a solution.

Thanks in advance.