I'm installing Kibana 4.0.0 on Linux x86, using ES 1.5.0 as a back end.
All data in ES is fed through logstash but there is no common prefix like
All indices are daily based, e.g. "analytics-2015.04.25".
On Kibana's initia settings page I do:
- Check on the "Index contains time-based events"
- Check OFF the "Use event times to create index names"
- Put the following in the pattern field: "[*-]YYYY.MM.DD"
But the button below the pattern field is grayed out and says "Unable to
fetch mapping. Do you have indices matching the pattern?".
Here is a screenshot:
If I tick on the "Use event times to create index names" then I get
"Pattern matches 0% of existing indices and aliases":
- What am I doing wrong?
- Do I have to check the "Use event times to create index names" ON or OFF?
- (bonus question): Is there a static file which contains these settings?
Eventually I intend to configure this using Puppet if possible.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/c65c16e6-1f98-4105-8096-8bd69e8ba1dd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.