Kibana 5 Metribeat Dashboard/Servers Overview Won't Show More than 5 Servers

Hello ELK Users:

I recently installed and setup my new EK Server and everything works fine but I did notice that the "Servers Overview" filter on Kibana doesn't list more than 5 servers. So I thought I'd go in and edit the metrics and changed the "size" to 10 and sure enough it works and it shows it on the "Visualize" page so I save the option but then when I go back to the Dashboard, the "Servers Overview" lists only 5 and then I go back to edit it and resets to 5 again.

Any idea how to change it? I'd like to display at least 10 servers here.

As you can see in the following jpg, it shows all 7 servers just fine, I then save it

then i go back to Dashboards and it only shows 5

then I go back to edit the metric and it shows 5 again, so it looks like it's not even saving my changes. Any ideas?

Does Kibana prompt you to overwrite the visualisation?

No it does not. The other metrics do but this one doesn't allow me to overwrite it. Damn I never noticed that. Ruflin, thanks for bringing that up, do you know how I can fix it?

Thanks

Joeu

Interesting. Do you get an error when it tries to overwrite it or it does not even show the message?

hey Ruflin, thanks for bringing that up. it does not prompt to overwrite like the other metrics where i have been able to overwrite changes. any idea?

hey there, so this worked after a reboot of the ELK stack server : S why? NOT SURE! all i did was reboot the server, went in there made a change to the metric and when I saved it, this time it did ask me if I wanted to overwrite it so I did and VOILA! lol strange but all good now! THANKS @rulfin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.