Kibana 6.1.0 frame embed does not load

Hi Everyone,

I am embedding a Kibana discover url inside a frame inside my web app. It used to work on 5.x but for 6.1 it just keeps showing the loading circle indefinitely.

Nothing has changed on my web app - only the version of Kibana changed.

Is there a recommended way to embed discover urls for 6.x going forward?

Cheers,

Hi,

Can you please give me your sample URL?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Hi,

It's just a normal discover url - if you go to discover and click share it will give you an url - I use that given url and embed it inside a frame.

Eg: http://myhost:9000/app/kibana#/discover?_g=(refreshInterval:(display:Off,pause:!f,value:0),time:(from:now-15m,mode:quick,to:now))&_a=(columns:!(_source),index:'042c0da0-fb79-11e7-a606-a98744570761',interval:auto,query:(language:lucene,query:''),sort:!('@timestamp',desc))

This works for me in 6.2.0 which will be coming soon. I have Kibana/Elastic with x-pack installed.

Are you using any custom authentication? I will download 6.1.0 in a couple of hours and see if an issue exists.

Thanks for raising this.
Cheers,
Bhavya

Thanks a lot Bhavya.

Please do let me know if it works for you with 6.1.0 or not.

I don't have any custom auth at the moment.

Hi Bhavya, did you have a chance to try out 6.1.0?

Apologies for the delay. Anyways it works fine for me on 6.1.2/6.1.0.
Are there any errors anywhere else? Like in dev console? Or Kibana logs?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Thanks a lot Bhavya,

I tested under another dev server and it works for me now as well under 6.1.0, so I think it must be something obscure with one of my dev servers and not with Kibana - I will dig deeper.

Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.