Kibana 6.5.4: error on unfolding legend

Hey there,

don't know, if this is already known, but I encounter a bug in the legend of visualizations in 6.5.4 of kibana.

I have just a visualization with legend:

If I click on one legend entry the legend should get unfolded, that I can filter for or against one of the entries and that I can pick the colors.

It works fine, as long as the unfolded legend fits into the space of the visualization. If it dont' the legend flickers and collapses again. If I switch to fullscreen and the legend has enough room to unfold, it works as expected.

Can you reproduce? If so, please fix it.
Thanks, Andreas

Certainly sounds like a bug, but I don't quite understand what you mean about the legend fitting or not fitting in the space. Would you mind posting this as a bug on our issue tracker? What you have here is a sufficient explanation, except for a little clarity on the space part. If you can create a gif showing the issue, that would be even better, but isn't a requirement.

Sorry for my long delay for answering, was busy on another project.
With space I mean the following:
The blue box is the available space for the legend. It is inidirectly sized by the y size of the visualization.

When I click on a legend entry, kibana will expand the shown text to the full text (full length), will show the magnifying glasses for include / exclude filtering and it will show the color dots to change the color.

If that new legend context needs more space / more pixels than the blue box provides, I got this error I mentioned.

I can create a bug next week. Currently I have no access to the elastic stack where the error is occurring.

OK, I think I understand what you're saying now. That interface should scroll so you can get to all the labels. It works for me in master (which is more or less 7.0).

Mar-11-2019%2015-29-56

Maybe it was broken in 6.5.4, I haven't tried standing up that version of the stack.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.