Kibana 7.17.6 > 8 Kibana_system 403 unauthorized?

Hi everyone !

i've been upgrading my cluster recently everything went well until i got kibana HTTP 403 Errors with both kibana_system and elastic users.

Am i supposed to create a user with [manage] [manage_all] perms in order to migrate system indices ?

e (api)];"},"status":403},{"index":".kibana_7.17.6_001","id":"ui-metric:upgrade_assistant:overview_page_load","cause":{"type":"cluster_block_exception","reason":"index [.kibana_7.17.6_001] blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/8/index write (api)];"},"status":403},{"index":".kibana_7.17.6_001","id":"application_usage_daily:uptime:2024-01-02","cause":{"type":"cluster_block_exception","reason":"index [.kibana_7.17.6_001] blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/8/index write (api)];"},"status":403},{"index":".kibana_7.17.6_001","id":"search-telemetry:search-telemetry","cause":{"type":"cluster_block_exception"}

After some hours on the Elastic documentation i came across few things, i should have not created a kibana_system user with the kibana_system role as it breaks the role update ?

Now i'm stuck creating a new user, granting some roles, still not authorized :unamused:

i've basically grant every permissions to the kibana_test user and incides:admin/mapping/put is unauthorized...

What's the deal with kibana permissions ? am i missing something and also big time strugglin between the API, and the realm where i cannot seem to understand why creating a user with the realm is not replicating it the whole cluster but just the node ?

From kibana startup :

["error","elasticsearch-service"],"pid":8975,"message":"Unable to retrieve version information from Elasticsearch nodes. security_exception: [security_exception] Reason: unable to authenticate user [kibana_test] for REST request [/_nodes?filter_path=nodes.*.version%2Cnodes.*.http.publish_address%2Cnodes.*.ip]"}

Meanwhile i can still query curl -k -u 'kibana_test:x' -X GET "https://192.168.1.420:9200/_nodes/"

With reply !

Also while booting up Kibana :

'security_exception: [security_exception] Reason: action [indices:admin/mapping/put] is unauthorized

Solved

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.