Hello, I was trying to set up some visualizations for our data so I created an index pattern to match all our production indices.
What happens is that the indices are matched correctly but only "root" fields are picked up and made available for Visualizations and Dashboards, namely _index, _id, _score, _type and _source.
All the fields we defined with the PUT Mapping API inside of the _source field are invisible.
As mentioned in the title we are using Kibana 7.9 and our indices' mappings are defined at the time of creation, although they are kept dynamic to allow for further modification down the line.
We are perfectly able to search, aggregate and use the fields inside of the _source with APIs and Dev Tools, but they are inaccessible by Visualizations since they don't appear in the Index Pattern.
I tried various combinations of creating indices before/after Index Pattern definition and updating mappings, I also tried creating an index wihtout mappings and indexing a full document to let it pick them up by itself but that didn't work either.
I've seen a couple other questions about this but they were all closed due to inactivity.
There might be something trivial that I'm missing but it seems to me this part is very poorly documented so I had to do some trial-and-error. I hope to fix this soon because I would love to fully exploit the Visualizations, thanks.