Kibana 8.x Installation without GUI

Hi there,
I want to install Kibana 8.x - actually I already did it. But: There are these new steps when building a new cluster from scratch:

1. /usr/share/Elasticsearch/bin/Elasticsearch-create-enrollment-token -s kibana
  2. /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-verification-code
    Now: Both need an interaction with the GUI. This solution is not suitable for an automatic installation (eg via ansible).

Is there a way to do the same via CLI / bash?
I did not find anything so far in the official documentation.

If someone has insight in this (someone from Elastic perhaps :wink: ), please give me a hint.

Thanks and kind regards!

Did really noone face the need to install Kibana in a non-manual way?
Cheers

Perhaps this thread

And I think it is right there in the docs now... Detached Mode

1 Like

The enrollment process that you are looking into, is mainly targeted at interactive installations.

If you want to automate this yourself, you can of course use the same in a scripted manner

But you probably are better off configuring Elasticsearch and Kibana explicitly, replicating the complete manual process in a scripted manner so that you can control each and every aspect of the installation/provisioning. I'd start by looking at Manually configure security | Elasticsearch Guide [8.2] | Elastic which has the installation and security configuration steps needed for both Elasticsearch and Kibana and put those in an ansible recipe

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.