Kibana Architechture

Hi All,

I am beginner started using kibana only from one month. I have 2 dataframes and number of records are approx 6,00,000(Increase on daily basis per day approx 20,000 records) in one and 1000 in another. I need columns from both dataframes in one Kibana dashboard.

Whether I should join both the dataframes and write one index for one dashboard or shall I write two dataframes in two different index and create one dashboard using two index.

PS: I am using pyspark in backend to do transformations and writing data to ES.

Thanks & Regards
Suhas Gupta

It all depends on your data and how you want to query it. If you don't need to use data from both dataframes in one visualization, then I would suggest to use one index per dataframe and have a dashboard with visualizations from each index.

Hi Marius,

Thank you for replying.

I want to use data from both dataframes but not in one visualization. I want to use data from both dataframes in one dashboard but in two different visualization.
I want to ask why do you recommend keeping two different index for one dashboard ? I thought it will hamper performance of dashboard if we keep data in two different index rather than keeping in one index and creating two different visualization in one dashboard.

Thanks & Regards
Suhas Gupta

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.