"Kibana did not load properly" beacuse "Cannot read property 'result' of undefined"

Hello,
i'm using Kibana 6.2 with ElasticSearch 6.2 and X-pack basic license. Everything was working fine, but one day, Kibana started to display: Kibana did not load properly. Check the server output for more information.
I checked logs and found this:

Unhandled rejection TypeError: Cannot read property 'result' of undefined
    at /opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/plugins/monitoring/server/kibana_monitoring/lib/type_collector.js:91:50
    at Array.filter (native)
    at /opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/plugins/monitoring/server/kibana_monitoring/lib/type_collector.js:91:29
    at next (native)
    at step (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/plugins/monitoring/server/kibana_monitoring/lib/type_collector.js:18:202)
    at /opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/plugins/monitoring/server/kibana_monitoring/lib/type_collector.js:18:383
    at tryCatcher (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:11:23)
    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:489:31)
    at Promise._settlePromise (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:546:18)
    at Promise._settlePromise0 (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:591:10)
    at Promise._settlePromises (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:674:18)
    at Promise._fulfill (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:615:18)
    at MappingPromiseArray.PromiseArray._resolve (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise_array.js:125:19)
    at MappingPromiseArray._promiseFulfilled (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/map.js:97:18)
    at Promise._settlePromise (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:551:26)
    at Promise._settlePromise0 (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:591:10)
    at Promise._settlePromises (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:674:18)
    at Promise._fulfill (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:615:18)
    at Promise._resolveCallback (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:416:57)
    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:502:17)
    at Promise._settlePromise (/opt/atseintl/adm/thirdparty/kibana-6.2.0/plugins/x-pack/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:546:18)

ElasticSearch cluster is working fine, kibana monitoring data is collected. I removed all ".*" indexes, but without any luck, and i'm running out of ideas.
Thanks in advance,
Szymon

Hi,

Can you please post your kibana logs? All of them?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Hm, that looks similar to this issue: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/16975

Do you have a .kibana index?

@bhavyarm Unfortunately, there is nothing more in logs , just this fragment duplicated times and times.
@tsullivan yes i saw this issue and indeed it looks familiar.
Yes i have .kibana index.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.