Kibana doesn't recognize keyword fields

Hi,

I realized that Kibana is not recognizing some fields that are mapped as "text" with a second field "keyword".

This is the mapping of my index:

mapping

And this is the select menu when I'm trying to use them in a "Term" aggregation for a visualization:

selec_menu

In fact, if I force and chose those fields whose keyword field is not recognized, Kibana launch the expected error:

"Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [billing_address.zip] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead."

Anyone knows why Kibana is not recognizing the keyword fields of those fields but it does for the rest of fields when they all have exactly the same mapping?

Many thanks!

Hi @JulGor,

Have you tried to refresh the Kibana mapping cache in Management -> Index Patterns : choose your index pattern and press "Refresh field list" button (top right corner, near the Delete button)?

Best,
Oleg

1 Like

That was the issue. Many thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.