Kibana doesn't support Microsoft Edge

Hi there

Frequently, when I hit the Kibana instance in my Elastic Cloud (cluster ID 049d81) using Microsoft Edge, I receive an error 80020101. Choosing either of the "Go back" or "clear your session" options returns me to Kibana only for it to throw the same error. My Edge version is 38.14393.0.0.

Kibana works fine in Chrome, so this is an acceptable workaround for now, but I switched to Edge as I work on the road and it doesn't chew through my battery like Chrome does, so I'd really like to see Kibana support Edge properly (if it doesn't already).

Many thanks

Alastair

Googling for that error code, it seems like it's a script execution problem with IE. Our QA team tests with Edge, so I'm not sure why you're seeing this. Plus, I would have expected to hear more people mention this.

What version of our stack, Kibana specifically, are you trying to use on cloud?

it seems like it's a script execution problem with IE. Our QA team tests with Edge, so I'm not sure why you're seeing this.

Ok. I'm running Ghostery in Edge which might be interfering, but whitelisting our Kibana instance hasn't improved things.

What version of our stack, Kibana specifically, are you trying to use on cloud?

Version: 5.2.2
Build: 14723

The full error message is:

Error: Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101. (https://231476155b143918b3c9f90b3e427b06.eu-west-1.aws.found.io/app/kibana:1)
   at window.onerror (https://231476155b143918b3c9f90b3e427b06.eu-west-1.aws.found.io/bundles/commons.bundle.js?v=14723:69:13477)

I have tried this myself on the same version of Edge, on Elastic Cloud with the same version of Kibana and it worked just fine without Ghostery.
After installing Ghostery i started seeing the error, even when selecting "Trust this website" in the Ghostery settings. It might something you have to bring up with them as it seems that trusting a website doesn't disable the Ghostery scripts on the page completely.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.