KIbana errors after upgrade from 6.6 to 6.7

Hi

I have upgraded successfully Elastic Search from 6.6 to 6.7.

Then I upgraded Kibana from 6.6. to 6.7. But I see many errors in my logs. "All shards failed. "

{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2019-04-08T16:17:29Z","tags":["warning","stats-collection"],"pid":6689,"level":"error","error":{"message":"[search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed","name":"Error","stack":"[search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed :: {\"path\":\"/.kibana_task_manager/_doc/_search\",\"query\":{\"ignore_unavailable\":true},\"body\":\"{\\\"sort\\\":[{\\\"task.runAt\\\":\\\"asc\\\"},{\\\"_id\\\":\\\"desc\\\"}],\\\"query\\\":{\\\"bool\\\":{\\\"must\\\":[{\\\"term\\\":{\\\"type\\\":\\\"task\\\"}},{\\\"bool\\\":{\\\"filter\\\":{\\\"term\\\":{\\\"_id\\\":\\\"oss_telemetry-vis_telemetry\\\"}}}}]}}}\",\"statusCode\":503,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[],\\\"type\\\":\\\"search_phase_execution_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"all shards failed\\\",\\\"phase\\\":\\\"query\\\",\\\"grouped\\\":true,\\\"failed_shards\\\":[]},\\\"status\\\":503}\"}\n    at respond (/data/elk/kibana-670/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:308:15)\n    at checkRespForFailure (/data/elk/kibana-670/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:267:7)\n    at HttpConnector.<anonymous> (/data/elk/kibana-670/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:166:7)\n    at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/data/elk/kibana-670/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4935:19)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:194:15)\n    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1103:12)\n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)"},"message":"[search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-04-08T16:17:29Z","tags":["warning","stats-collection"],"pid":6689,"message":"Unable to fetch data from visualization_types collector"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-04-08T16:17:31Z","tags":["error","task_manager"],"pid":6689,"message":"Failed to poll for work: [search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed :: {\"path\":\"/.kibana_task_manager/_doc/_search\",\"query\":{\"ignore_unavailable\":true},\"body\":\"{\\\"query\\\":{\\\"bool\\\":{\\\"must\\\":[{\\\"term\\\":{\\\"type\\\":\\\"task\\\"}},{\\\"bool\\\":{\\\"must\\\":[{\\\"terms\\\":{\\\"task.taskType\\\":[\\\"maps_telemetry\\\",\\\"vis_telemetry\\\"]}},{\\\"range\\\":{\\\"task.attempts\\\":{\\\"lte\\\":3}}},{\\\"range\\\":{\\\"task.runAt\\\":{\\\"lte\\\":\\\"now\\\"}}},{\\\"range\\\":{\\\"kibana.apiVersion\\\":{\\\"lte\\\":1}}}]}}]}},\\\"size\\\":10,\\\"sort\\\":{\\\"task.runAt\\\":{\\\"order\\\":\\\"asc\\\"}},\\\"seq_no_primary_term\\\":true}\",\"statusCode\":503,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[],\\\"type\\\":\\\"search_phase_execution_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"all shards failed\\\",\\\"phase\\\":\\\"query\\\",\\\"grouped\\\":true,\\\"failed_shards\\\":[]},\\\"status\\\":503}\"}"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-04-08T16:17:34Z","tags":["error","task_manager"],"pid":6689,"message":"Failed to poll for work: [search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed :: {\"path\":\"/.kibana_task_manager/_doc/_search\",\"query\":{\"ignore_unavailable\":true},\"body\":\"{\\\"query\\\":{\\\"bool\\\":{\\\"must\\\":[{\\\"term\\\":{\\\"type\\\":\\\"task\\\"}},{\\\"bool\\\":{\\\"must\\\":[{\\\"terms\\\":{\\\"task.taskType\\\":[\\\"maps_telemetry\\\",\\\"vis_telemetry\\\"]}},{\\\"range\\\":{\\\"task.attempts\\\":{\\\"lte\\\":3}}},{\\\"range\\\":{\\\"task.runAt\\\":{\\\"lte\\\":\\\"now\\\"}}},{\\\"range\\\":{\\\"kibana.apiVersion\\\":{\\\"lte\\\":1}}}]}}]}},\\\"size\\\":10,\\\"sort\\\":{\\\"task.runAt\\\":{\\\"order\\\":\\\"asc\\\"}},\\\"seq_no_primary_term\\\":true}\",\"statusCode\":503,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[],\\\"type\\\":\\\"search_phase_execution_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"all shards failed\\\",\\\"phase\\\":\\\"query\\\",\\\"grouped\\\":true,\\\"failed_shards\\\":[]},\\\"status\\\":503}\"}"}

and when I now shut down kibana and restart it . Its not restarting.

I am using command

"nohup ./bin/kibana &"

Hi, the code 503 messages indicate that Elasticsearch is not in a ready state for search. If Elasticsearch is up and reachable, do those log messages eventually clear themselves?

Kibana not restarting sounds like a different issue. Does it have an error-exit code? Is it just unreachable after you run the restart command? Is it logging anything?

@tsullivan Thanks for your response. I was able to figure out the issue. My disk was full so kibana was not starting.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.