[Kibana Feature] Set default filters by space

Hi, everyone

In Kibana (6x - 7x) is possible to set pin filters by default (Management --> Advanced Settings -> filters:pinnedByDefault)

In my opinion, this option is very useful in order to navigate between dashboards/discover and filter the information easily and quickly.

However, I would like to know if it is possible to set default filters. For example, we have several indexes:

system-alerts-2019.07.22
system-alerts-2019.07.23
system-alerts-2019.07.24
system-alerts-2019.07.25

Any user belonged to Operations space would have as a global filter alert.type: critical.

On the other hand, any user belonged to Engineering space would have as a global filter alert.type: warning.

In this way, we would achieve a little automation and the user would be quicker looking for information.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hey @RdrgPorto,
thanks for your request, actually that is not possible there isn't anything specifically on our road map. Do you mind to open a feature request so we can add that to our roadmap and see what we can do? https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/new?template=Feature_request.md

Thanks for bringing that up!

2 Likes

Hi @markov00,

I just created an issue on GitHub: Link

Thanks,

Regards :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.