Kibana is disconnecting after some load into elasticsearch

"error":{"message":"Uncaught error: Expected originalHeaders to be an object, but object given".

{
"statusCode": 500,
"error": "Internal Server Error",
"message": "An internal server error occurred"
}
can any one please help me on this?

Hello,

Is there anything showing up in the Kibana logs or the Elasticsearch logs?

Thanks for your reply. This is what exactly showing in the Kibana logs.

{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2019-11-15T07:51:32Z","tags":,"pid":----,"level":"error","error":{"message":"Uncaught error: Expected originalHeaders to be an object, but object given","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Uncaught error: Expected originalHeaders to be an object, but object given
at setHeaders (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\src\core_plugins\elasticsearch\lib\set_headers.js:32:11)
at getConfigForReq (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\src\core_plugins\console\index.js:91:53)
at handler (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\src\core_plugins\console\server\proxy_route.js:113:11)
at Object.internals.handler (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hapi\lib\handler.js:96:36)
at Items.serial (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hapi\lib\handler.js:63:26)
at done (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\items\lib\index.js:31:25)
at done (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\items\lib\index.js:63:25)
at pre (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hapi\lib\handler.js:52:24)
at finalize (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hapi\lib\handler.js:281:20)
at wrapped (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hoek\lib\index.js:879:20)
at module.exports.internals.Response.internals.Response._processPrepare (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hapi\lib\response.js:521:16)
at module.exports.internals.Response.internals.Response._prepare (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hapi\lib\response.js:460:21)
at process.nextTick (C:\kibana-6.4.1-windows-x86_64\node_modules\hapi\lib\reply.js:152:22)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:131:7)
at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:218:9)"},"url":{"protocol":null,"slashes":null,"auth":null,"host":null,"port":null,"hostname":null,"hash":null,"search":"?path=_search&method=POST","query":{"path":"_search","method":"POST"},"pathname":"/api/console/proxy","path":"/api/console/proxy?path=_search&method=POST","href":"/api/console/proxy?path=_search&method=POST"},"message":"Uncaught error: Expected originalHeaders to be an object, but object given"}

The Kibana version is 6.4.1

What exactly did you try in Kibana that lead to this? I'm trying to reproduce it locally.

We posted the data into ElasticSearch with automation tool for couple of days continuously in AWS environment. After 2 days the dash boards of Kibana in my application are not displaying. I found the above exception in the logs.
If I restart the Kibana its working fine but after 4 to 5 hours I am facing the same issue.
Kibana is not working from devtools also. Its gives 500 error with above stack trace.

If you run "GET _cat/indices" in devtools, what does it return?

"GET _cat/indices" in devtools is giving the same 500 error. Even "GET _cat/health",

"GET _cat/thread_pool" is also giving the same error.

{
"statusCode": 500,
"error": "Internal Server Error",
"message": "An internal server error occurred"
}

Any help from any one on this issue.

I have exactly the same problem. I run Kibana from the Docker container. Currently, I just simply restart Kibana, then the problem goes away. But it will appear again after around 1 day. This post is also about the same problem.

Could this be a JVM heap issue? Not really sure but I figured I'd throw the idea out there. When troubleshooting some kibana issues I find that Elasticsearch is really the problem and its interfering with Kibana.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/6.4/heap-size.html

Thanks for the reply Ryan_Downey. I will look into this and will update here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.