Kibana is not working

Dear team,

I'm a new user in Kibana and it is not working in my machine, it shows the following exception:

[license][xpack] license information from the X-Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster. AuthentificationException[unable to authenticate user[user_name] for REST request [/_xpack]...

Please help!

Thanks and best regards,
Mohammed ESSABRI

Which version of the stack are you using?

I don't know which exactly means a stack version, is it the version of Elasticsearch ? if yes, it's 1.7
The version of Kibana is the latest 6.3.0

Thank you

From version 5.0 of the stack, the Kibana version must match the Elasticsearch version, so Kibana 6.3 will not work with Elasticsearch versions prior to 6.3.

OK thank you for the reply, i'll try with that!

Dear @Christian_Dahlqvist,

Basing on this discussion, i need 4.1.x to run the latest version of kibana with my ES version 1.7 but i can't find it in Kibana releases

Thanks

Search here.

Thank you !

I changed Elasticsearch server ip in kipana yml config but it's still trying to connect to localhost, please check the yml file below

# Kibana is served by a back end server. This controls which port to use.
port: 5601

# The host to bind the server to.
host: "0.0.0.0"

# The Elasticsearch instance to use for all your queries.
elasticsearch.url: "http://10.**.**.**:9200"

# preserve_elasticsearch_host true will send the hostname specified in `elasticsearch`. If you set it to false,
# then the host you use to connect to *this* Kibana instance will be sent.
elasticsearch_preserve_host: true

# Kibana uses an index in Elasticsearch to store saved searches, visualizations
# and dashboards. It will create a new index if it doesn't already exist.
kibana_index: ".kibana"

# If your Elasticsearch is protected with basic auth, this is the user credentials
# used by the Kibana server to perform maintence on the kibana_index at statup. Your Kibana
# users will still need to authenticate with Elasticsearch (which is proxied thorugh
# the Kibana server)
kibana_elasticsearch_username: "user"
kibana_elasticsearch_password: "********"

# If your Elasticsearch requires client certificate and key
# kibana_elasticsearch_client_crt: /path/to/your/client.crt
# kibana_elasticsearch_client_key: /path/to/your/client.key

# If you need to provide a CA certificate for your Elasticsarech instance, put
# the path of the pem file here.
# ca: /path/to/your/CA.pem

# The default application to load.
default_app_id: "discover"

# Time in milliseconds to wait for elasticsearch to respond to pings, defaults to
# request_timeout setting
# ping_timeout: 1500

# Time in milliseconds to wait for responses from the back end or elasticsearch.
# This must be > 0
request_timeout: 300000

# Time in milliseconds for Elasticsearch to wait for responses from shards.
# Set to 0 to disable.
shard_timeout: 0

# Time in milliseconds to wait for Elasticsearch at Kibana startup before retrying
# startup_timeout: 5000

# Set to false to have a complete disregard for the validity of the SSL
# certificate.
verify_ssl: true

# SSL for outgoing requests from the Kibana Server (PEM formatted)
# ssl_key_file: /path/to/your/server.key
# ssl_cert_file: /path/to/your/server.crt

# Set the path to where you would like the process id file to be created.
# pid_file: /var/run/kibana.pid

# If you would like to send the log output to a file you can set the path below.
# This will also turn off the STDOUT log output.
# log_file: ./kibana.log

# A value to use as a XSRF token. This token is sent back to the server on each request
# and required if you want to execute requests from other clients (like curl).
# xsrf_token: ""

# Plugins that are included in the build, and no longer found in the plugins/ folder
bundled_plugin_ids:
 - plugins/dashboard/index
 - plugins/discover/index
 - plugins/doc/index
 - plugins/kibana/index
 - plugins/markdown_vis/index
 - plugins/metric_vis/index
 - plugins/settings/index
 - plugins/table_vis/index
 - plugins/vis_types/index
 - plugins/visualize/index 

And here is the response:

Please give me some help!

Thanks and best regards,
Mohammed

I resolved the problem but i get another:

{"name":"Kibana","hostname":"EPO-***","pid":24420,"level":50,"err":{"message":"Authentication Exception","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Authentication Exception\n    at respond (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\src\\lib\\transport.js:235:15)\n    at checkRespForFailure (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\src\\lib\\transport.js:203:7)\n    at HttpConnector.<anonymous> (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\src\\lib\\connectors\\http.js:156:7)\n    at IncomingMessage.bound (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\node_modules\\lodash-node\\modern\\internals\\baseBind.js:56:17)\n    at emitNone (events.js:72:20)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:166:7)\n    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:921:12)\n    at nextTickCallbackWith2Args (node.js:442:9)\n    at process._tickCallback (node.js:356:17)"},"msg":"","time":"2018-07-04T09:43:32.121Z","v":0}
    {"name":"Kibana","hostname":"EPO-***","pid":24420,"level":60,"err":{"message":"Authentication Exception","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Authentication Exception\n    at respond (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\src\\lib\\transport.js:235:15)\n    at checkRespForFailure (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\src\\lib\\transport.js:203:7)\n    at HttpConnector.<anonymous> (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\src\\lib\\connectors\\http.js:156:7)\n    at IncomingMessage.bound (C:\\development\\programs\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\kibana-4.1.11-windows\\src\\node_modules\\elasticsearch\\node_modules\\lodash-node\\modern\\internals\\baseBind.js:56:17)\n    at emitNone (events.js:72:20)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:166:7)\n    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:921:12)\n    at nextTickCallbackWith2Args (node.js:442:9)\n    at process._tickCallback (node.js:356:17)"},"msg":"","time":"2018-07-04T09:43:32.124Z","v":0} 

Thank you!

Is this for Kibana 4.1? If that is the case I have not used it in years, so will unfortunately not be of much help.

Yes it's 4.1, because i'm using ES 1.7 and you adviced me to use an older version

Thank you and best regards,
Mohammed ESSABRI

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.