Kibana is on a remote server

I built an Elasticsearch cluster on server1(master) and server2(second), and a Kibana on server3. After I set up basic security for HTTP to encrypt communication between Kibana and Elasticsearch, I cannot restart Kibana. Here is my error message in kibana.log file.
Failed to poll for work: ConnectionError: connect ECONNREFUSED 172.16.10.11:9200
You cannot use Remote Clusters because license information is not available at this time.
"Unable to verify endpoint policies in line with license change: failed to fetch package policies: connect ECONNREFUSED 172.16.10.11:9200
"[Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/run/kibana/kibana.pid'] {\n errno: -13,\n code: 'EACCES',\n syscall: 'open',\n path: '/run/kibana/kibana.pid'\n}"

Does it indicate that I cannot install Kibana on a remote server?

Can you please post more of your Kibana log.
Please also check your Elasticsearch logs.

Hi Mark, thank you. This is the error message in the kibana.log file. Please help to take a look.
["error","savedobjects-service"],"pid":23348,"message":"Unable to retrieve version information from Elasticsearch nodes. Hostname/IP does not match certificate's altnames: IP: 172.16.10.11 is not in the cert's list: "}
["error","savedobjects-service"],"pid":23348,"message":"Unable to retrieve version information from Elasticsearch nodes. connect ECONNREFUSED 172.16.10.11:9200"}
["error","savedobjects-service"],"pid":23348,"message":"Unable to retrieve version information from Elasticsearch nodes. Hostname/IP does not match certificate's altnames: IP: 172.16.10.11 is not in the cert's list: "}

Thanks. It's good to please format your code/logs/config using the </> button, or markdown style back ticks. It helps to make things easy to read which helps us help you :slight_smile:

That means that your TLS certificate setup process didn't include the IP address(es) of your Elasticsearch hosts. What documentation did you follow to set that up for Elasticsearch?

I followed these docs:

I set up elasticsearch cluster on server 172.16.10.11 (master) and 172.16.10.12 (data) and Kibana on 172.16.10.13
And generated security certs file on 172.16.10.11 and copied to 172.16.10.12 and 172.16.10.13, but it does not communicate between Elasticsearch and Kibana now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.