Kibana is unable to find any mapping

I just installed Elastic search some 3 days back on my windows machine and created indexes with the names

1. places
  2. restaurants
  3. index
  4. '

3 and 4 were created by mistake...

downloaded Kibana 4 today though Kibana is not able to fetch any mapping

Thanks a lot for your time !!

Your pattern is logstash-places-*, but if you have an index called places then this will not match!
Remove the logstash- part of the pattern.

Thanks for the feedback !

I changed this to places-* though still not much luck...Unable to fetch mapping...

here is the log...
{"@timestamp":"2015-05-24T17:00:28.674Z","level":"info","message":"GET /places-/
_mapping/field/?ignore_unavailable=false&allow_no_indices=false&include_default
s=true 404 - 3006ms","node_env":""production"","request":{"method":"GET","url"
:"/elasticsearch/places-/_mapping/field/
?ignore_unavailable=false&allow_no_indi
ces=false&include_defaults=true","headers":{"host":"localhost:5601","connection"
:"keep-alive","accept":"application/json, text/plain, /","user-agent":"Mozilla
/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.
2357.65 Safari/537.36","referer":"http://localhost:5601/","accept-encoding":"gzi
p, deflate, sdch","accept-language":"en-US,en;q=0.8"},"remoteAddress":"127.0.0.1
","remotePort":59666},"response":{"statusCode":404,"responseTime":3006,"contentL
ength":65}}

It looks like the index pattern is specified as 'places-' instead of 'places'. As you do not have a time based index, you should also uncheck the 'Use event times to create index names' checkbox. If you do not have timestamps in the event, which seems to be the case based on you screen shots, you should also uncheck the 'Index contains time based events' checkbox.

Best regards,

Christian

Thanks Christian for your help !
I unchecked both the boxes and am able to move to the next step of creating a index pattern in Kibana...will try this out and see how it works.