Kibana Local Set Up - Permissions Issue

I have setup kibana as per the guide and I have checked out version as well. But while running bootstrap cmd, I have been presented with below error

info If you think this is a bug, please open a bug report with the information provided in "/home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/kibana/yarn-error.log".
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/install for documentation about this command.
ERROR [bootstrap] failed:
ERROR Error: Command failed with exit code 1: yarn install --non-interactive
          at makeError (/home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/kibana/packages/kbn-pm/dist/index.js:24811:11)
          at handlePromise (/home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/kibana/packages/kbn-pm/dist/index.js:23746:26)
          at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.

I have changed the permission to entire kibana directory using chmod and changed the ownership to root, particular user that I'm using for all the directories, but still no luck.

I have attached the complete log file. Could some one please help me this.

Arguments:
  /home/madhumitha/.nvm/versions/node/v10.21.0/bin/node /usr/local/bin/yarn install --non-interactive

PATH:
  /home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/kibana/node_modules/.bin:/home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/node_modules/.bin:/home/madhumitha/vikram/node_modules/.bin:/home/madhumitha/node_modules/.bin:/home/node_modules/.bin:/node_modules/.bin:/home/madhumitha/.nvm/versions/node/v10.21.0/bin:/tmp/yarn--1620729193430-0.35049529646394384:/home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/kibana/test/plugin_functional/plugins/kbn_tp_custom_visualizations/node_modules/.bin:/home/madhumitha/.config/yarn/link/node_modules/.bin:/home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/kibana/node_modules/.bin:/home/madhumitha/.yarn/bin:/home/madhumitha/.nvm/versions/node/v10.21.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/node-gyp-bin:/home/madhumitha/.nvm/versions/node/v10.21.0/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/node-gyp-bin:/home/madhumitha/.nvm/versions/node/v10.21.0/bin/node_modules/npm/bin/node-gyp-bin:/home/madhumitha/.nvm/versions/node/v10.21.0/bin:/home/madhumitha/anaconda3/condabin:/home/madhumitha/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin

Yarn version:

Node version:

Platform:
  linux x64

Trace:
  Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, chmod '/home/madhumitha/vikram/current-projects/kibana/test/plugin_functional/plugins/kbn_tp_custom_visualizations/node_modules/.bin/plugin-helpers'

Hi @vikramnr

What branch did you try to bootstrap?

If it is a master, then today you should have Node v14.16.1. Try to update it.
Yarn version is ok.

Give it another go by running yarn kbn bootstrap, you can fin the guide here

Regards, Dzmitry

Thanks @Dzmitry

I managed to resolve the issue by using changing ownership of elasticsearch and kibana folders. I also changed my elastic & kibana versions from the latest one to the branch that I wanted and using the correct node versions for that version.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.