Kibana login page issue

Hi ,
I have installed X-pack on elasticsearch and kibana , and started the following service,
but when i am trying to open kibana on my browser, the login page is not loading.

Following is the screenshot on what i'm seeing on the page.

`

What is in the logs for Kibana?

Thanks for the quick reply,

my kibana logs looks like this :slight_smile:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-09-19T02:19:22Z","tags":["license","warning","xpack"],"pid":10269,"message":"License information could not be obtained from Elasticsearch. [illegal_argument_exception] No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack] :: {\"path\":\"/_xpack\",\"statusCode\":400,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[{\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"}],\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"},\\\"status\\\":400}\"}"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-09-19T02:19:22Z","tags":["warning"],"pid":10269,"message":"Detected an unhandled Promise rejection.\n[illegal_argument_exception] No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack] :: {\"path\":\"/_xpack\",\"statusCode\":400,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[{\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"}],\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"},\\\"status\\\":400}\"}"}

Do you have X-Pack installed in Elasticsearch?
What does _cat/plugins report?

yes

while running command :
curl 'http://10.1.1.150:9200/_cat/plugins' -uelastic:changeme

gives output
_BVEZza x-pack 5.4.3

What is the Elasticsearch url in you kibana.yml? It looks like you have configured Elasticsearch to listen on a non-localhost address so the default configuration of Kibana will not work as it tries to access Elasticsearch on localhost:9200.

Thanks for the reply colin,

I have mentioned correct elasticsearch url in kibana.yml.
Once i restarted elasticsearch, every thing was working fine and i can see the login page.

@warkolm Currently i'm facing a new issue, as i'm trying to logout the session in kibana, it is not happening, whenever i'm trying to logout it redirects itself to the discover page in kibana.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.