Kibana login page issue

(Abhisek Mohanty) #1

Hi ,
I have installed X-pack on elasticsearch and kibana , and started the following service,
but when i am trying to open kibana on my browser, the login page is not loading.

Following is the screenshot on what i'm seeing on the page.

`

(Mark Walkom) #2

What is in the logs for Kibana?

(Abhisek Mohanty) #3

Thanks for the quick reply,

my kibana logs looks like this :slight_smile:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-09-19T02:19:22Z","tags":["license","warning","xpack"],"pid":10269,"message":"License information could not be obtained from Elasticsearch. [illegal_argument_exception] No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack] :: {\"path\":\"/_xpack\",\"statusCode\":400,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[{\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"}],\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"},\\\"status\\\":400}\"}"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-09-19T02:19:22Z","tags":["warning"],"pid":10269,"message":"Detected an unhandled Promise rejection.\n[illegal_argument_exception] No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack] :: {\"path\":\"/_xpack\",\"statusCode\":400,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[{\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"}],\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"No endpoint or operation is available at [_xpack]\\\"},\\\"status\\\":400}\"}"}

(Mark Walkom) #4

Do you have X-Pack installed in Elasticsearch?
What does _cat/plugins report?

(Abhisek Mohanty) #5

yes

while running command :
curl 'http://10.1.1.150:9200/_cat/plugins' -uelastic:changeme

gives output
_BVEZza x-pack 5.4.3

(Colin Goodheart-Smithe) #6

What is the Elasticsearch url in you kibana.yml? It looks like you have configured Elasticsearch to listen on a non-localhost address so the default configuration of Kibana will not work as it tries to access Elasticsearch on localhost:9200.

(Abhisek Mohanty) #7

Thanks for the reply colin,

I have mentioned correct elasticsearch url in kibana.yml.
Once i restarted elasticsearch, every thing was working fine and i can see the login page.

@warkolm Currently i'm facing a new issue, as i'm trying to logout the session in kibana, it is not happening, whenever i'm trying to logout it redirects itself to the discover page in kibana.

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.