Kibana -> Maps: Unable to find EMS tile configuration for id: road_map

Hi

Centos 7.6
Kibana & elasticsearch 6.7.0

From Kibana -> Maps -> Create Map, this is what happens:
(there is no map, and only thing that I can see, is this error:
Unable to find EMS tile configuration for id: road_map

Am I missing something..?
I have tried chrome, IE - same for both.
Logfile has nothing interesting in it.

Regards
Raul

Hey @raulk89, would you mind capturing a HAR of your network traffic so we can determine if a firewall or a certain network configuration is causing this behavior to occur?

To do so, using Chrome if you right-click in Kibana and select "Inspect" this will open up the Chrome Dev Tools. Once these are open, if you refresh the page which is displaying the map. After the page has loaded and you're viewing the error, if you switch back to your Dev Tools, and select the Network tab. In the network tab, if you right-click on any of the requests listed over to the left, you'll see an item in the context menu which says "Save all as HAR with content". After saving this file locally, if you could create a GitHub issue here it will help us diagnose further:

Ok, I will do that.

By the way, yes this linux host is in company intranet. And it can't get to internet. However I have checked firewall logs this afternoon (and also at the moment), and there were no policy violations. So it didn't even try to get to internet.

One thing I noticed from console log though:

Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'unsafe-eval' 'self'". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-SHHSeLc0bp6xt4BoVVyUy+3IbVqp3ujLaR+s+kSP5UI='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.

bootstrap.js:10 ^ A single error about an inline script not firing due to content security policy is expected!

Network tab had a few 304 (most were 200):

Regards
Raul

If you're unable to access the public internet from the computer that is running Kibana, you won't be able to view the "layers" for the map, those are hosted on our publicly accessible servers. However, we shouldn't be displaying the error that you're seeing in that situation.

from the computer that is running Kibana

By that you mean:
a) the computer were the kibana is installed - this is on company intranet, and can't get to public internet
b) or computer where I am accessing kibana - this is my own lapto, which can access public internet

Raul

Apologies for the imprecise use of language previously:

b) or computer where I am accessing kibana - this is my own laptop, which can access public internet

Ok, no worries..
If b), then this should not be network issue.
Since I for sure can access public internet from my laptop, and I am accessing kibana also from my laptop.

Raul

@raulk89 I've been able to replicate what you're seeing when the Kibana server itself is unable to reach the public internet, I've opened https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/34017 to track this.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.