Map is not visible in Kibana 7.1

Map is not showing in my Kibana 7.1, can anyone advise what could fix this.

From the screenshot it looks like you've removed all of your map layers... Is that the case? If so you'll need to add additional layers.

If not, are you seeing any errors in the browser console and/or Kibana server console?

Hello lukas,

When i try to put any layer it says "Couldn't find any index patterns with geospatial fields", using ELK with FW logs. However, shouldn't the map be visible even with no layers added?

There is a road_map layer that is already added, giving the following error: Unable to find EMS tile configuration for id: road_map

Browser error: Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'unsafe-eval'. Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword
^ A single error about an inline script not firing due to content security policy is expected!

Does your Kibana server have access to the internet? Requests to the Elastic Maps Service API are proxied through Kibana in 7.1. You may see this error when the Kibana server cannot access the API through the internet.

1 Like

No it does not, i will try to connect and see what happens :).

Thank you for your assistance.

There should be a fix for this in the next minor release of Kibana (7.2). Until then, you may be able to use this workaround.

1 Like

Hello nickpeihl, thank you for the fix. I see that 7.2 is released already, do you think its already fixed in the release?

Yes, this should be fixed in the 7.2 release.

The map.proxyElasticMapsServiceInMaps setting in the Kibana configuration toggles the proxy feature. It is set to false by default which means the request for the tile map service is submitted by the client browser instead of the Kibana server. So you should not need to change this setting after you upgrade.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.