Kibana not loading in ECE

Hi,

I have a 6.4.x elasticsearch cluster which I want to monitor and it's configured to send metrics to another 6.4.x cluster. Looks like the metrics are being sent successfully and the shards are Green on looking at the monitoring cluster’s overview page. When I tried to load the Kibana page with the URL on the monitoring cluster, the page does not load and I see this error - server IP address could not be found.
I was debugging to see what happened by looking at the Proxy logs in the cluster and saw a 404 Not Found - 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - GET //<guid>.containerhost:9244/.kibana/_mapping HTTP/1.1 in:0 out:351 (2 ms). Is this something with the built-in user configuration settings or some other setting I am missing here?

Hi sorry this forum has been a bit unresponsive recently - did this get resolved?

What URL appears in the browser? Often this sort of error is because the "cname" setting in the platform/settings is wrong (and the proxy log error would be a red herring in this case)

Alex

It was more of a configuration issue where in there was no DNS entry for the kibana url. Added the DNS and the page started loading.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.