Kibana not loading properly. Check the server output for more information

I have Elasticsearch 7.2 and Kibana 7.2 on a RedHat 7.4 zLinux. I can access the Kibana from any host on the same VLAN, either with port 5601 or nginx port 9000, but when I try to access from outside the VLAN it fails with 'Kibana did not load properly..' and Firefox 60.8.0esr gives the following in debug:
Loading failed for the with source “http://xx.xx.xx.xx:5601/built_assets/dlls/vendors.bundle.dll.js”.
The networking people say there is nothing wrong with the network. Ports are open.
I have tried with csp.strict: true/false but no difference.
After reading this forum I suspect the vendors.bundle.dll.js is truncated but how can I fix that?

Hi @Peter_Holm. Can you try the instructions posted here and see if there is a difference in size? This could indicate a truncated response from your VPN.

Do you also see this issue with other browsers such as Chrome? Sometimes browser plugins can cause issues.

1 Like

Hi Nick, this is from the Kibana server:
[elk1@rl210619 images] curl -so /dev/null -w '%{size_download}' 12271288 [elk1@rl210619 images]
and this is from my Windows 10 laptop:
C:\Users\Peter>curl -so c:\temp\curl-lst -w '%{size_download}'
I'm running VPN to the Kibana server.

Hi Peter. It does appear your VPN is truncating the server response containing the JavaScript bundle. However, I don't know how you would fix that. It may require configuring your VPN to allow larger responses.

Hi Nick, it turned out to be the firewall that blocked the loading of vendors.bundle.dll.js as it was treated as a threat for some reason. Thanks a lot for your support.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.