Kibana not optimizing custom plugins

I'm trying to move our custom plugins from Kibana 8.6 to 8.12. On version 8.6, I can run
yarn knb bootstrap and then yarn start. This would run the optimizer on my custom plugins and then do a hot reload of Kibana when I made changes to any of the files. This does not happen on version 8.12.0. The only way I can get my custom plugins to optimize is by running the yarn run dev command from within the plugin folder. The plugin will then show up in Kibana. However, if I make a change to my plugin code, Kibana will not hot reload with that change. I have to stop Kibana and run the yarn run dev command again and then restart Kibana to see my changes. How do I setup the hot reload feature in Kibana 8.12 for custom plugins?

After a lot of Googling, I found this URL: Plugins do not compile , which addresses my issue. It seems you now have to run the yarn dev --watch command from within the custom plugin directory. Then start Kibana with the yarn start command. This will allow the plugin to hot reload when you save your changes.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.