Kibana not refreshing

Hi,
I have created a dummy index. The documents have one of fields as “timegenerated”.
The timegenerated is of 2 days prior. Eg if today is 13 sept. Timegenerated is 11 sept. Time stamp is from 00:00 to 23:59. So I got a complete day’s data.

I have created visualisation with x axis as the timegenerated per min.

I do see the data in the visualization but when I want to refresh it to today. It doesn’t . I expected that the visualization goes blank but that doesn’t happen. I just can see the whole 1 day visualization.

Ps: visualization type is line
Kibana version 6.2.4

Did you consider changing the time interval for the visualization? Basic thing, but just in case.

Hello Ridwan,

Did you set the visualization to auto-refresh? It's likely off by default:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/autorefresh.html

Regards,
Aaron

Yes . I have set it on . And infact I do see it refreshing after the set interval but there isn’t change in the graph.

Btw, this isn’t an issue with auto refresh. When I set the intervals from say last 1 hr . So I expect that the graph should populate likewise (ie in my case -blank) but that doesn’t happen. Rather i see I see the graph populated with the data whose timegenerated is 2 days prior from today.

Yes I have tried time intervals and that is what’s not working .

Well, the issue was that i created the index-pattern thru api and did not set the timeFieldName. hence the index was not "time-based events" .

recreated the index-pattern with timeFieldName set to the appropriate field.
working as per expectation !

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.