./Kibana not starting

When I execute ./kibana, following error occurs

{"@timestamp":"2017-07-14T09:51:52.033Z","level":"fatal","message":{"root_cause":[{"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"production","index":"production"}],"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"production","index":"production"},"node_env":"production","error":{"message":{"root_cause":[{"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"production","index":"production"}],"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"production","index":"production"},"name":"Error","stack":"Error: [object Object]\n at respond (/home/joe/Application/kibana/src/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:235:15)\n at checkRespForFailure (/home/joe/Application/kibana/src/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:203:7)\n at HttpConnector. (/home/joe/Application/kibana/src/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:156:7)\n at IncomingMessage.bound (/home/joe/Application/kibana/src/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash-node/modern/internals/baseBind.js:56:17)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:117:20)\n at _stream_readable.js:944:16\n at process._tickCallback (node.js:442:13)\n"}}

Could you tell me some more about which version of kibana are you using, how did you install, what system, did it work previously ? Did you edit any configuration files ?

thanks

I was using kibana 4.0.0 .
I downloaded the zip file , extracted it and ran ./kibana
I installed on ubuntu 16.04
I installed it for first time
I haven't edited the config file

pls try never version of kibana, if you can, go with the latest (5.5)

I was working with spring and elastic search
I think the maven dependency for spring-elasticsearch now supports lower versions of ES, so that I was using ES 2.4.5 and hence used kibana 4.0.0

If you look at the support matrix, Elasticsearch 2.4.5 is compatible with Kibana 4.6.4.

Thank you for your Quick response

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.