Kibana plugin development resources

Hi , I am new in kibana development and need to lean how to develop kibana plugins .
Could you please share with me useful resources , tutorials , books and courses to begin building kibana plugins .

Best regards,

1 Like

I'm also starting to develop Kibana plugins and have been collecting this information myself. Here's what I've found so far:

The contributing guide is a good starting point.
From Kibana 6.3 onwards they have a plugin generator that sets up a template for you to start creating your own plugins.
Here's a good keynote on plugin development I'm watching at the moment. I also found this video, but I haven't watched it yet.

I'm still unclear on the entire development stack you need to know to be able to develop the plugins, so if you know or come across this information I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Some of the tutorials I've found are from 2016, where it all seems to be Node.js and Javascript. However from reading some of the documentation now it looks like they are using Yarn and Typescript, although I haven't been able to confirm if this is the correct stack to use it. Also looks like they prefer React.js to Angular.js now, but again I'm still looking into this.

If you find any further information, please let me know. Or if a member of the Elastic team could clarify some of these details, that would be great too.

2 Likes

many thanks ,
These all links I used until now .

https://github.com/elastic/eui/blob/master/wiki/component-development.md

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.