Kibana Reporting -csv download fails frequently with error 'Unable to generate report Max attempts reached (3)'

Hello,

I have tried to generate csv files using saved search on Kibana dashboard. This is downloading proper file for few cases and failing in some cases. This failure does not looks due to the size issue. I could see only text 'Unable to generate report
Max attempts reached (3)' on the Reporting page. Could not find any hits to this issue from kibana logs. I have tried to download csv on different ways likeby increasing data size , applying filter etc. and getting result in sometime.

Kibana and elastic vertion used : 7.13.2

Anyone please guide me here to troubleshoot and solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Prathibha

Can you try the settings noted in Reporting troubleshooting | Kibana Guide [7.13] | Elastic? If that doesn't work we can debug further - it's worth verifying that the report has enough times.

Any rough estimates on the csv size or number of documents?

Thank you Jon for the response.
I have already tried almost all configuration in kibana.yml and its not helping me to find any useful information from kibana logs.Kibana logs is showing only following info:
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-07-13T06:24:30+00:00","tags":["info","plugins","reporting","esqueue","queue-worker"],"pid":953,"message":"kr1nl5jx00qh7fac469jdv8p - Job marked as failed: /.reporting-2021-07-11/_doc/kr1ny8e600qh7fac46czy2d3"}

I have tried below config as latest:
xpack.reporting.queue.timeout: 600000
logging.root.level: all
#logging.verbose: true

In terms of number of documents or size , is it not helping to conclude anything as sometimes I am able to download 500000 plus documents and getting failed for 20000 documents. As per my assumption, I have tied to download files less than 2MB.

Download is working fine in some cases as I mentioned , but failing for some selections.

Hello,

We have fixed this issue by increasing timeout again, xpack.reporting.queue.timeout in kibana.yml file. But kibana reporting performance does not looks so good. Reporting is slow and we are using 7.13.2. Any suggestion to improve reporting performance will be great help for us.

Thanks in Advance
Prathibha

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.