Kibana server is not ready yet issue after upgrade to 6.5.0

Since last night I experience the error message "Kibana server is not ready yet" in the browser when I want to open Kibana. I have upgrade kibana and Elasticsearch to V 6.5.0 .
I've done a lot of research, but I can't find the reason.

[root@915452-IngestionDemo ~]# curl http://172.24.36.216:9200
{
"name" : "915452-IngestionDemo.newfrontierdata.com",
"cluster_name" : "IngestionDemO",
"cluster_uuid" : "9S5ICK_ITiOMhpdz6sGEgQ",
"version" : {
"number" : "6.5.0",
"build_flavor" : "default",
"build_type" : "rpm",
"build_hash" : "816e6f6",
"build_date" : "2018-11-09T18:58:36.352602Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "7.5.0",
"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "5.6.0",
"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "5.0.0"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"

}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2018-11-16T09:54:34Z","tags":["warning","stats-collection"],"pid":9031,"message":"Unable to fetch data from canvas collector"}
{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2018-11-16T09:54:34Z","tags":["warning","stats-collection"],"pid":9031,"level":"error","error":{"message":"[search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed","name":"Error","stack":"[search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed :: {"path":"/.kibana/_search","query":{"ignore_unavailable":true,"filter_path":"aggregations.types.buckets"},"body":"{\"size\":0,\"query\":{\"terms\":{\"type\":[\"dashboard\",\"visualization\",\"search\",\"index-pattern\",\"graph-workspace\",\"timelion-sheet\"]}},\"aggs\":{\"types\":{\"terms\":{\"field\":\"type\",\"size\":6}}}}","statusCode":503,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\":,\"type\":\"search_phase_execution_exception\",\"reason\":\"all shards failed\",\"phase\":\"query\",\"grouped\":true,\"failed_shards\":},\"status\":503}"}\n at respond (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:308:15)\n at checkRespForFailure (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:267:7)\n at HttpConnector. (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:165:7)\n at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4949:19)\n at emitNone (events.js:111:20)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7)\n at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12)\n at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)"},"message":"[search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2018-11-16T09:54:34Z","tags":["warning","stats-collection"],"pid":9031,"message":"Unable to fetch data from kibana collector"}

@Nuwan, Can you please check the kibana server configuration in kibana.yml file?

Have you defined the elasticserach node IP in elasticserach.uri under kibana.yml file?

One more reason can be have you upgraded your all elasticsearch node on version 6.5.0 as well as kibana also on 6.5.0? If any one of them are still on the older version then there might be compatibility issue. So please check it also.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi

Thank you very much . your guidance and following link helped to solve that issue
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/release-notes-6.5.0.html#known-issues-6.5.0.

3 Likes

Thanks,

FYI with this kind of logs and on my side it was an index issue on .kibana.
Simple way to fix it is to adapt the kibana's index in the kibana.yml file (and back to the original value after have getting back the hand on the GUI.
Ie:
kibana.index: ".newkibana"

2 Likes

Thank you .Issue was fix after removing kibana related index and restart the kibana service

check for elasticsearch version, if it is not same version as kibana. please update.
I had the same issue, I have upgraded the elasticsearch to 6.5. then after restarting the services. the issue sorted out.

Good Day..

Thank you very much. This issue is fixed now

Thanks @Guillain it resolves my issue which i am struggling for very long time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.