"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "8.4.0",
"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Looking for some help please.

Couple of questions- how did you install the stack? What are the ES and Kibana logs indicating ? Using a simple API, without a lot of information (which is provided both with _clsuter/state and _indices/status) provides a simple mechanism to know if the cluster is healthy or not.

GET _cluster/health/

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/cluster-health.html

Thanks
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi, thank you for corresponding...

I get the following:

rex@rex-VirtualBox:~$ GET _cluster/health
Can't connect to _cluster:80 (Name or service not known)

Name or service not known at /usr/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50.
rex@rex-VirtualBox:~$ curl -X GET "localhost:9200/_cluster/health?pretty"

{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "master_not_discovered_exception",
"reason" : null
}
],
"type" : "master_not_discovered_exception",
"reason" : null
},
"status" : 503
}

List of commands used to install ELK contained in the screenshot.

Thank you,
Let me know,
Regards,
Craig

you need to set discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes to 3 in accordance with these guidelines in order to avoid split brain scenarios.
If that doesn't work, Is there any firewall rules that prevent the nodes from connecting? Is there anything in the Elasticsearch logs?

Thanks
Rashmi

Where are the logs ?

I didn't find any documentation on discovery.zen. It did however, comment out the cluster.initial_master_nodes in elasticsearch.yml. (screenshot) It seemed to come up this time.

However, trying to install sample data, I get a permissions error. (screenshot).

Try to check the folder /var/log/elasticsearch/

You can read the end of /var/log/message to have details on the system errors. So Kibana logs to stdout by default, which depending on how you run it, may actually go to a file or just to stdout, which for a headless process, is effectively nowhere. In kibana.yml, you can configure logging.dest and point to wherever in the filesystem you want your logs to go.

For the internal server error which you encountered- what is the user you are logging in with ?
You should not be getting internal server error at all in the first place. What is your license level, what user are you using, Kibana logs will help.

Thanks
Rashmi

thanks
Rashmi

I think I figured it out by reading some other posts. Added disk capacity and the sample data is loading now.

awesome.thanks for sharing it back! Good luck

Thanks
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.