Kibana service hangs with message "Socket hang up"

Kibana is installed using nssm in a Windows server. As soon as the Kibana service start the dashboard is up and running. After a while the service hangs with logging lots of error as below.

{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2018-02-27T21:31:49Z","tags":["connection","client","error"],"pid":2608,"level":"error","error":{"message":"socket hang up","name":"Error","stack":"Error: socket hang up\n at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:847:25)\n at emitOne (events.js:101:20)\n at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:188:7)\n at _handle.close (net.js:497:12)\n at Socket.done (_tls_wrap.js:332:7)\n at Socket.g (events.js:292:16)\n at emitOne (events.js:101:20)\n at Socket.emit (events.js:188:7)\n at TCP._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:497:12)","code":"ECONNRESET"},"message":"socket hang up"}

There is no error in Elasticsearch log. Increasing the the value for these settings in Kibana.yml didn't help.

elasticsearch.pingTimeout: 2500
elasticsearch.requestTimeout: 40000

Anyone have seen this error before and how you fixed it.

(Tim Sullivan) #2

Hi, which version of Kibana and Elasticsearch is this?

Does it do this after a period of heavy use or even light use? Does it do this when there's not a user doing anything in Kibana at all?

This error doesn't have anything to do with Elasticsearch, it's a message coming from the Kibana webserver saying that the browser closed the connection before an in-flight response could be completed. I see this error mentioned in one of the issues: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/8623 but I'm not sure right now if what's triggering it for you is similar to what that issue had to tackle.

Both Kibana and ES version is 6.0.1. It happens even when there is no use. And for every 5 seconds this error is logged.

Following up.
What is the recommended way to install Kibana on Windows? we are currently using the evaluation license so I have to run the .bat file using nssm, I am not sure if this approach is causing the socket hang up error.

Any pointer to troubleshoot and fix this will be plenty.

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.