Kibana - show average of a numerical field


(Andrew Vine) #1

Hi All!

I hope this is the place to ask questions about Kibana.

I am new to Kibana and so far I have enjoyed playing around with it.

Could someone help me out with the following..

If I have a numeric value in a doc eg.. the age of a person.
Is there some way in Kibana that I could show the average age for the
results of my query?

I know that elastic search has various stats functions available in
facets/aggregations but I am not sure how to tie that into Kibana..

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/53319899-89cb-498b-9904-86047d4e5337%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(Andrew Vine) #2

Can anyone help me out here?

On Tuesday, 21 January 2014 22:58:32 UTC+2, Andrew Vine wrote:

Hi All!

I hope this is the place to ask questions about Kibana.

I am new to Kibana and so far I have enjoyed playing around with it.

Could someone help me out with the following..

If I have a numeric value in a doc eg.. the age of a person.
Is there some way in Kibana that I could show the average age for the
results of my query?

I know that elastic search has various stats functions available in
facets/aggregations but I am not sure how to tie that into Kibana..

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/00c3b909-383b-4fbf-b018-a09b6b43e17d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(Binh Ly) #3

Andrew,

If you download the lates Kibana 3 as of today, you should be able to add a
Stats panel to your dashboard which you can use to execute the Statistical
facet on your ES data.

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:23:05 AM UTC-5, Andrew Vine wrote:

Can anyone help me out here?

On Tuesday, 21 January 2014 22:58:32 UTC+2, Andrew Vine wrote:

Hi All!

I hope this is the place to ask questions about Kibana.

I am new to Kibana and so far I have enjoyed playing around with it.

Could someone help me out with the following..

If I have a numeric value in a doc eg.. the age of a person.
Is there some way in Kibana that I could show the average age for the
results of my query?

I know that elastic search has various stats functions available in
facets/aggregations but I am not sure how to tie that into Kibana..

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/8a2a9db9-99af-4ae7-9d8d-bde9ded92025%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(Andrew Vine) #4

Thanks will try it out!

On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 16:35:42 UTC+2, Binh Ly wrote:

Andrew,

If you download the lates Kibana 3 as of today, you should be able to add
a Stats panel to your dashboard which you can use to execute the
Statistical facet on your ES data.

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:23:05 AM UTC-5, Andrew Vine wrote:

Can anyone help me out here?

On Tuesday, 21 January 2014 22:58:32 UTC+2, Andrew Vine wrote:

Hi All!

I hope this is the place to ask questions about Kibana.

I am new to Kibana and so far I have enjoyed playing around with it.

Could someone help me out with the following..

If I have a numeric value in a doc eg.. the age of a person.
Is there some way in Kibana that I could show the average age for the
results of my query?

I know that elastic search has various stats functions available in
facets/aggregations but I am not sure how to tie that into Kibana..

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5706c58b-990a-4d11-b00a-a012c106b05c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(philg) #5

hello Andrew
did you succeed with the stats panel?
i am testing it without success :frowning:
i have a duration field in records stored in ES ( type int) and i want to display the mean value ....
but no success to display it ....
philippe
best regards


(system) #6