Kibana unable to find Elasticsearch Indexes, even though they exist in Index Management

I've set up an ELK server for a client for testing purposes.
It's running on an Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Current setup:
ElasticSearch, Logstash, FileBeat, Kibana all running latest versions.
Elasticsearch is set to

network.host: 0.0.0.0 
discovery.seedhost: [] 
cluster.initial_master_nodes: []

FileBeat sends data into the default template using the command:

sudo filebeat setup --template -E output.logstash.enabled=false -E 'output.elasticsearch.hosts=["localhost:9200"]'

I am running an NGINX server on there as well that serves Kibana outside the localhost environment in which it operates.
I am also using the default OpenSSH UFW firewall to allow all inbound/ouitbound traffic between my local IP at the office, and the cluster.

The problem:
I can create indexes just fine using the elasticsearch api, and put data directly to the index. I can also see the Filebeat default dashboards. But when i go to the Kibana Settings page -> Index Patterns all i see is this:
" Couldn't find any Elasticsearch data
You'll need to index some data into Elasticsearch before you can create an index pattern. Learn how or get started with some sample data sets."

If i try to cat all indexes i get this: (Blanked the clients name for anonymitys sake)

I can see the indexes fine in the Elasticsearch -> Index management tab as well:

The boot log for the Elasticservice looks fine:

● elasticsearch.service - Elasticsearch
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/elasticsearch.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-05-31 22:39:13 UTC; 36min ago
         Docs: https://www.elastic.co
     Main PID: 16201 (java)
        Tasks: 66 (limit: 4704)
       CGroup: /system.slice/elasticsearch.service
               ├─16201 /usr/share/elasticsearch/jdk/bin/java -Xshare:auto -Des.networkaddress.cache.ttl=60 -Des.networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl=10 -XX:+Alwa
               └─16412 /usr/share/elasticsearch/modules/x-pack-ml/platform/linux-x86_64/bin/controller

May 31 22:38:56 elastic systemd[1]: Starting Elasticsearch...
    May 31 22:39:13 elastic systemd[1]: Started Elasticsearch.

I am a bit baffled at this point, as it's the first time i've seen this. Any ideas?

Do you know why your indices all show up with a yellow status?

Could you share a HAR capture after pressing "Check for new data" in the "Create index pattern" page?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.