Kibana upgrade 5.6.8 to 6.2.4 Gauge Vis not the same

I am testing the upgrade of Kibana 5.6.8 to 6.2.4

I performed the _reindex process to remove the type's went perfectly 100% migrated

but seem one of my Gage visualizations has changed

now looks like this in 6.2.4,

I don't see anything listed in Breaking changes, and we are not using the X-PACK, If I recreate the object it works fine

I don't know if this will help but here are the URL's to the Edit screens

5.6.8 URL

/kibana/app/kibana#/visualize/edit/AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4?_g=()&_a=(filters:!(),linked:!t,query:(match_all:()),uiState:(vis:(colors:('0%20-%20700':%235195CE),defaultColors:('0%20-%20700':'rgb(0,104,55)'),legendOpen:!t)),vis:(aggs:!((enabled:!t,id:'1',params:(),schema:metric,type:count)),listeners:(),params:(addLegend:!f,addTooltip:!t,gauge:(autoExtend:!f,backStyle:Full,colorSchema:'Green%20to%20Red',colorsRange:!((from:0,to:700)),extendRange:!t,gaugeColorMode:None,gaugeStyle:Full,gaugeType:Arc,invertColors:!f,labels:(color:black,show:!t),orientation:vertical,percentageMode:!f,scale:(color:%23333,labels:!f,show:!f,width:2),style:(bgColor:!f,fontSize:60,labelColor:!f,subText:'OrderLines%20with%20Saks%20PLCC'),type:meter,useRange:!f,verticalSplit:!f),type:gauge),title:'S5A%20OrderLine%20Saks%20PLCC',type:metric))

URL 6.2.4

/kibana/app/kibana#/visualize/edit/AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4?_g=()&_a=(filters:!(),linked:!t,query:(language:lucene,query:''),uiState:(vis:(colors:('0%20-%20700':%235195CE),defaultColors:('0%20-%20700':'rgb(0,104,55)'),legendOpen:!t)),vis:(aggs:!((enabled:!t,id:'1',params:(),schema:metric,type:count)),params:(addLegend:!f,addTooltip:!t,gauge:(autoExtend:!f,backStyle:Full,colorSchema:'Green%20to%20Red',colorsRange:!((from:0,to:700)),extendRange:!t,gaugeColorMode:None,gaugeStyle:Full,gaugeType:Arc,invertColors:!f,labels:(color:black,show:!t),orientation:vertical,percentageMode:!f,scale:(color:%23333,labels:!f,show:!f,width:2),style:(bgColor:!f,fontSize:60,labelColor:!f,subText:'OrderLines%20with%20Saks%20PLCC'),type:meter,useRange:!f,verticalSplit:!f),metric:(colorSchema:'Green%20to%20Red',colorsRange:!((from:0,to:10000)),invertColors:!f,labels:(show:!t),metricColorMode:None,percentageMode:!f,style:(bgColor:!f,bgFill:%23000,fontSize:60,labelColor:!f,subText:''),useRanges:!f),type:gauge),title:'S5A%20OrderLine%20Saks%20PLCC',type:metric))

This sounds like maybe a bug. I would suggest opening an issue in the Kibana repo. https://www.github.com/elastic/kibana

One thing I noticed is the 6.2.4 is of type:metric rather than gauge, which might be a symptom. Can you post the output of

GET .kibana/doc/visualization:AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4

in both versions?

If the ID of the object is not visualization:AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4, you can find the correct ID by doing a GET .kibana/_search and looking for it. Basically it would help to see the objects as they exist in .kibana index in each version.

I mean when I migrated the data from 5.6.8 -> 6.2.6 I only ran the "_reindex" script which fixed the type field

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/migrating-6.0-index.html

nothing in the actual fields should have changed

but yah I see your poiint about the metric

here is the curl requests of the document

ES 5.6.8

curl http://hd1melk23lx:9215/.kibana/visualization/AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4
{"_index":".kibana","_type":"visualization","_id":"AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4","_version":1,"found":true,"_source":{"title":"S5A OrderLine Saks PLCC","visState":"{\"title\":\"S5A OrderLine Saks PLCC\",\"type\":\"metric\",\"params\":{\"addTooltip\":true,\"addLegend\":false,\"type\":\"gauge\",\"gauge\":{\"verticalSplit\":false,\"autoExtend\":false,\"percentageMode\":false,\"gaugeType\":\"Arc\",\"gaugeStyle\":\"Full\",\"backStyle\":\"Full\",\"orientation\":\"vertical\",\"colorSchema\":\"Green to Red\",\"gaugeColorMode\":\"None\",\"useRange\":false,\"colorsRange\":[{\"from\":0,\"to\":700}],\"invertColors\":false,\"labels\":{\"show\":true,\"color\":\"black\"},\"scale\":{\"show\":false,\"labels\":false,\"color\":\"#333\",\"width\":2},\"type\":\"meter\",\"style\":{\"fontSize\":60,\"bgColor\":false,\"labelColor\":false,\"subText\":\"OrderLines with Saks PLCC\"},\"extendRange\":true}},\"aggs\":[{\"id\":\"1\",\"enabled\":true,\"type\":\"count\",\"schema\":\"metric\",\"params\":{}}],\"listeners\":{}}","uiStateJSON":"{\"vis\":{\"defaultColors\":{\"0 - 700\":\"rgb(0,104,55)\"},\"legendOpen\":true,\"colors\":{\"0 - 700\":\"#5195CE\"}}}","description":"","savedSearchId":"AWNb6DgtyF4NRbA-4wqs","version":1,"kibanaSavedObjectMeta":{"searchSourceJSON":"{\"filter\":[]}"}}}

ES 6.2

curl http://hd1delk01lx:9205/.kibana/doc/visualization:AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4
{"_index":".kibana","_type":"doc","_id":"visualization:AWNb8PezyF4NRbA-4wq4","_version":1,"found":true,"_source":{"visualization":{"savedSearchId":"AWNb6DgtyF4NRbA-4wqs","description":"","uiStateJSON":"{\"vis\":{\"defaultColors\":{\"0 - 700\":\"rgb(0,104,55)\"},\"legendOpen\":true,\"colors\":{\"0 - 700\":\"#5195CE\"}}}","title":"S5A OrderLine Saks PLCC","version":1,"kibanaSavedObjectMeta":{"searchSourceJSON":"{\"filter\":[]}"},"visState":"{\"title\":\"S5A OrderLine Saks PLCC\",\"type\":\"metric\",\"params\":{\"addTooltip\":true,\"addLegend\":false,\"type\":\"gauge\",\"gauge\":{\"verticalSplit\":false,\"autoExtend\":false,\"percentageMode\":false,\"gaugeType\":\"Arc\",\"gaugeStyle\":\"Full\",\"backStyle\":\"Full\",\"orientation\":\"vertical\",\"colorSchema\":\"Green to Red\",\"gaugeColorMode\":\"None\",\"useRange\":false,\"colorsRange\":[{\"from\":0,\"to\":700}],\"invertColors\":false,\"labels\":{\"show\":true,\"color\":\"black\"},\"scale\":{\"show\":false,\"labels\":false,\"color\":\"#333\",\"width\":2},\"type\":\"meter\",\"style\":{\"fontSize\":60,\"bgColor\":false,\"labelColor\":false,\"subText\":\"OrderLines with Saks PLCC\"},\"extendRange\":true}},\"aggs\":[{\"id\":\"1\",\"enabled\":true,\"type\":\"count\",\"schema\":\"metric\",\"params\":{}}],\"listeners\":{}}"},"type":"visualization"}}```

@Bill_McConaghy yup it was/is an upgrade bug

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.