Kibana Visualization Deleted Index

I had to delete the elasticsearch index on our system and then recreate it, I thought as long as the index was called the same etc, Kibana Visualizations will keep running. I recreated the index in Kibana and the visualizations complain that it doesn't exist, and that I should recreate it. But the index it wants me to recreate is the EXACT same index that already exists. What needs to happen here?

Visualizations are saved with the unique ID associated with an index pattern. You've deleted the index pattern and then re-created it. Even though it has the same name, it was given a new ID. This ID appears in the URL bar when you select the index pattern in "Management - Index Patterns".

You'll need to change the ID in each of your visualizations by finding and editing them in "Management - Saved Objects". See the third bullet in this section.

If you have a lot of visualizations, you might use the "Export <#> objects" link in the "Saved Objects" to download a JSON config file. You can then do a "Find and Replace" in your text editor to change the ID in that file and then import it from the "Management - Saved Objects" page. Be careful and keep a backup of the original JSON file just in case something goes wrong.

1 Like

I see the index showing the name and not ID see below

"kibanaSavedObjectMeta": {
"searchSourceJSON": "{"index":"accounts*","filter":[{"meta":{"index":"accounts*","negate":true,"disabled":false,"alias":null,"type":"phrase","key":"age","value":"-30","params":{"query":-30,"type":"phrase"}},"query":{"match":{"age":{"query":-30,"type":"phrase"}}},"$state":{"store":"appState"}}],"query":{"query":"","language":"lucene"}}"

I reimported all my dashboards and it asked me to remap

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.