Recreation of Index Patterns, Lost Visualizations

Hi,

I found a lot of topics on this forum on this subject but I was not able to figure out how to solve the problem. I recreated index patterns as they got deleted.

I do not see any visualizations or Dashboards which were created earlier.

Some answers suggested to update the newly created index pattern id to the visualizations, but I could not find the visualizations under saved objects. So I used
GET _search
{
"query": {
"match_all": {}
}
}

I am able to see visualizations here but the index is exactly as I created. It is the name of the index but not the id.

Some other topics say update with old id, How do I get the old id of the index pattern.

When I use

GET .kibana/_search
{
"_source": ["index-pattern.title"],
"query": {
"term": {
"type": "index-pattern"
}
}
}

I get an ID for the index pattern, but how do I get the old ID to update?

Can someone point me in the right direction.

It's hard to answer this question because you didn't describe:

1. What is the problem that you are seeing?
  2. What did you do before asking this question?

In particular, you seem to be saying that you are missing visualizations, but not not missing index patterns. Or do you have visualizations and index patterns?

If you have visualization objects, then you can look at the JSON representation of the visualization to determine which index pattern IDs they are using.

Hi Wylie,

1. Problem is I do not see any visualizations or Dashboards.

Index Patterns are also deleted which caused the above issue.

1. Originally Index patterns are created with pre-defined id. But when I created new ones, they got an auto generated id which broke the visualizations and dashboard references. I recreated the index patterns with the right id but it still could not recover the references.

Most of the solutions I researched, mentioned updating the json with the new reference, I do not have backup's of the Visualizations or Dashboards to update. What is the endpoint to get the list of visualizations which lost references?

It sounds like you have deleted your visualizations and dashboards, and without a backup there is no way of recovering them.

If you did not delete them, you would see error messages instead of blanks.

What is the output from _cat/indices?v?

Hi Warkolm,

green open **** qQ-0yAdqSLezy91Gp3zbdQ 1 1 1028733 0 182.9mb 91.5mb
green open **** 12TciaMLT1Cex_aD9kS4ig 1 1 2478076 0 837.2mb 418.6mb
green open **** JM-7ZHHcQk-SKhkI0hbEaQ 1 1 1639 0 597kb 298.5kb

I get bunch of Indexes with Health as Green and status as open

Hi Wylie,

I am not seeing error messages, I could have deleted it. I will recreate and take a backup this time :slight_smile:

You've removed the names, but do any of them contain the word meow?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.