Kibana's Mapping conflict!

I'm seeing following through Management's Index Patterns:

Mapping conflict! A field is defined as several types (string, integer, etc) across the indices that match this pattern. You may still be able to use these conflict fields in parts of Kibana, but they will be unavailable for functions that require Kibana to know their type. Correcting this issue will require reindexing your data.

I applied

however Kibana still identifies some keys as a conflict (I believe value for that key is null).

Please advise

I ran through a quick scenario where I had a mixed field of a few different types (including a null value) in different indices. I ran the mapping API for a new index, then ran the reindex API, and it successfully mapped the types to what I specified.

Here are the commands I ran to create the conflict, the mapping and the subsequent reindex (I ran them in order):

POST map-test-1/test
{
  "mixed": 0,
  "astr": "123str"
}

POST map-test-2/test
{
  "mixed": "astring",
  "astr": "bye"
}

POST map-test-3/test
{
  "astr": "hi"
}

PUT new-index-test
{
  "mappings": {
    "test": {
      "properties": {
        "mixed": {
          "type": "keyword"
        },
        "astr": {
          "type": "text"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

POST _reindex
{
  "source": {
    "index": "map-test*"
  },
  "dest": {
    "index": "new-index-test"
  }
}

This successfully resulted in map-test-* showing the conflict warning:

But not for new-index-test:

Can you provide some more details? What is the final type you want to use for the field that has the conflict, and what are the wrong types it has?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.