Lens Improvements

I'm guessing it is only early days. But a few added features that would be useful would be:

• More aggregations that already exist in standard visualizations such as cumulative counts
  • The ability to convert a lens result into another visualization so more advanced features can be applied to it
  • The ability to remove a layer if no longer desired.
  • Have layers able to overlay each other with maybe an opacity controller for each layer
  • Suggestions adjust to the size of the window or at least are scrollable

Like the direction though.

1 Like

Hi, I'm one of the engineers who works on Lens. Thanks for the feedback on our beta!

More aggregations that already exist in standard visualizations such as cumulative counts

We're trying to do this the right way and not rush it, but it's a high priority.

The ability to convert a lens result into another visualization so more advanced features can be applied to it

Thanks for the feedback

The ability to remove a layer if no longer desired.

This is possible, but not easy. [Lens] add removing a layer to a visible location · Issue #47728 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

Have layers able to overlay each other with maybe an opacity controller for each layer

Thanks for the suggestion

Suggestions adjust to the size of the window or at least are scrollable

They are scrollable

You guys are awesome at interacting with your customers by the way. Has to be one of the most active companies that I've seen engage so often.

This is possible, but not easy. [Lens] add removing a layer to a visible location · Issue #47728 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

Ahhh thanks just wasn't obvious where it was, since it is a little different to where I"m used to removing something in visualizations.

They are scrollable

You are right. I didn't see the small scroll bar at the bottom. :slight_smile: and I was hoping the vertical scrolling on the mouse wheel might scroll too (some applications do this some don't) but worked out you need a mouse with the left right scroll option currently :slight_smile: my bad on that one.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.