License issue without using marvel,kibana and logstash

hi.. i noticed this log, _license says it is expired. i am not using marvel,logstash or kibana so does it means i cant use this cluster once license expires? i am a beginner so your help would be appreciated. TIA

LICENSE EXPIRED ON [Saturday, March 11, 2017]. IF YOU HAVE A NEW LICENSE, PLEASE

UPDATE IT. OTHERWISE, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR SUPPORT CONTACT.

Moved to #x-pack

You need to ask for a license or remove commercial plugins

thanks for your quick response, i am only using cloud-aws and head plugin does it required license?
if not then how to fix this warning issue?

If you run

bin/elasticsearch-plugin list

It will list the plugins you have installed.

That license expiry message is almost certainly related to the x-pack plugin.
You can consult the subscriptions page to see your licensing options for x-pack and request an appropriate license for your needs.

Alternatively, if you wish, you can remove x-pack with

bin/elasticsearch-plugin remove x-pack

but you are probably better off keeping x-pack and requesting a license, even if you only use the free basic license.

1 Like

thanks a lot tim for quick help.. i didnt installed X-pack or anything other than cloud-aws and head plugin. for license all i did was
"bin/plugin install license" which has been expired now, should i remove this license or it wont make any effect to my running service??? i am using version 2.3.3.

Yes remove license plugin

1 Like

thanks a lot for your support .

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.