Link external data to Elastic

Kibana version : 7.6

Elasticsearch version : 7.6

APM Server version : 7.3.2

APM Agent language and version : java 1.9.0

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-----No

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant) :

I want to link external data to elastic search . That means fetch the data from an external datasource to elasticsearch. I found the below link. Is this the right approach?

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/lookup-enrichment.html#jdbc-stream-def

So if we have target => "country_details" ,can we directly search for country_details in Kibana so that I can map them directly?.

Any updates?

still waiting

Could you share a typical example of what you have today and what you want?

Is it an Elasticsearch question (regarding the data itself) or a Kibana question (regarding the way to visualize data)?

I have question for both elastic search and Kibana. I have data pulled up from elastic search so far and displayed in Kibana and I have APM agent to access my application. I have been setting data on to APM labels and displaying in Kibana.So for each event I am capturing data among few are reduntant data. So it will be much more efficient if we can load the redundant data from external data look up .

For external data look up I assume we have to do it via Logstash correct?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.