Load APM data into Kibana Dashboard

Kibana version: 7.5

Elasticsearch version: 7.5

APM Server version: 7.5.1

APM Agent language and version: Ruby Agent

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: From DEB

How can I access the APM data like Response time per Minute and other api related information from Kibana Dashboard..

If not, how to perform aggregation operations in APM's dashboard ..

Thanks in Advance

Hi @Sudarshan013

What steps have you taken to set up APM with the Ruby agent? Do you see any data already in the Kibana APM app or is the data there and you'd like to do extra aggregations on it?
Let us know so we can help!
Emily

Hi @Emily_Stolfo, I have followed the ElasticAPM gude for Ruby Agent . The connection between the rails App and APM is perfect . I could easily trace the transactions.

Since, all the transactional information of my rails application gets stored in elastic search . I would like to build the separate Kibana dashboard consisting of charts based on the data stored in elasticsearch.

When I search the transaction ID (apm-7.5.1-transaction-000001) in Kibana's Dashboard, there's no result coming up..
Screenshot from 2020-01-13 16-22-05|690x388

Could you suggest me a better work arround this issue

Hi @Sudarshan013
Thanks for the additional info. I would recommend using the apm-* index pattern to query. Can you tell me more about what you are trying to find in the data so I can give more specific suggestions?
Thanks,
Emily

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.